Prostate Cancer – Why we get it and what to do about it Book
There are around 2.8 million men in the USA currently living with prostate cancer. There are in the region of 230,000 new diagnoses every year. One in every six men will be diagnosed with prostate cancer, a rate that is 30% higher than women with breast cancer. ‘Prostate Cancer – Why we get it and what to do about it’ is an up-to-date review of the disease, a comprehensive view of treatments, both conventional and “alternative”, and the personal story how one man decided that the treatment itself that was offered by his urologist, presented more risks than he was prepared to take. That man, the author and a 16 year survivor without any conventional treatments, concluded that his long-term survival demanded that he get an education in all aspects of the disease and put into practice what he learned.
Chapter One: MY STORY. The personal story of the life, diagnosis and resolution of disease by the author Peter Starr.
Chapter Two: The anatomy and the disease of the prostate. The statistics of radical treatment. What are your chances for survival? Quotes from doctors.
Chapter Three: The stages and options of diagnosis
- The PSA test
- The digital rectal exam
- The biopsy
- The Gleason score
- The PCA3 and other urine tests
- The 4K score
- The Oncoblot test.
- 3D color Doppler ultrasound vs. MRI
- Early diagnosis by thermography
Chapter Four: The options for conventional treatments and their problems:
- Surgery both radical and DaVinci robotic
- Radiation, brachytherapy, proton beam etc.
- Use of drugs to control testosterone – the controversy between estrogen and testosterone.
- Chemotherapy and options for metastatic cancer.
- Newer not so conventional treatments: Photodynamic Therapy, HiFu, Hyperthermia
Chapter Five: The holistic approaches and their advantages
Chapter Six: The road to restoring prostate health. Finding out what your body is deficient in and the value of a functional blood analysis
- Amino acids
- Vitamin d3
Chapter Seven: Finding out what your body is toxic with and detoxing those items.
- Lead, nickel, mercury and cadmium
- Chapter Eight: Examining and balancing your hormones,
- Saliva testing vs blood testing.
- What to test, what to look for
- Repairing the damage
- herbal remedies for rebuilding testosterone vs subcutaneous testosterone etc.
Chapter Nine: The question of Emotional Traumas
- Things from our childhood and pre-birth
- Bad relationships, marriages, toxic friendships.
- Recall Healing
- German New Medicine
Chapter Ten: So, what do I do? Diet, lifestyle decisions. The power of sleep, getting stress out of your life, finding a dentist. Monitoring your progress. The importance of good water.
Chapter Eleven: Food Elements or supplements essential for a healthy prostate.
Chapter Twelve: Treatments that are out there on the horizon but not yet approved, and some that your doctor will not tell you about such as Budwig Protocol, silver, sodium bicarbonate et.al. The Endocannabinoid system and the future of medicinal marijuana. Ketogenic diet. The findings of William Donald Kelley D.D.S.